- Case Study -
Learn how Traders Reserve drove a 10x return on their ad spend with Wicked Reports.
By utilizing Wicked Reports’ LTV tracking tools, you can attribute recurring revenue and measure the long-term ROI of your ad spend
Who is Traders Reserve?
Based in Maryland, Traders Reserve is a financial publisher that provides educational and advisory products to investors.
Founders David Durham and John Hutchinson observed first-hand how many investors struggled with trading services that overpromised but under-delivered.
They formed Traders Reserve with the goal of delivering “best in class” financial advice and trading services.
Together they bring over 45 years of experience to the company, having worked with some of the largest financial publishers in the country.
Traders Reserve uses Ontraport — a business automation software — for CRM and to handle customer orders. They market their products with Google and Facebook Ads.
Traders Reserve offers a wide spectrum of one-time and recurring products across different verticals, but they were struggling to calculate customer lifetime value.
As a result, they couldn’t calculate the true ROI of their marketing campaigns over time or accurately attribute revenue to their customers.
- They wanted to attribute recurring revenue to their ad spend — a feature that isn’t available with Ontraport, the software they use to run their campaigns.
- They wanted to identify which marketing channels were driving their most profitable customers over time, so they could increase spending on those platforms.
- They wanted to identify where their best leads were coming from, so they could scale those campaigns with confidence and increase their marketing ROI.
Increased ad spending from $5,000 to $18,000
Generated $300,000 in revenue over 12 months
Generated at least a 10x ROI on ad spend
Traders Reserve was using Ontraport to conduct multi-channel campaigns, but the platform had weak attribution tools. It could only track one-time purchases, not recurring payments (where most of their revenue stems from).
This meant that Traders Reserve was getting inaccurate numbers when trying to track their ad spend revenue.
Before they could scale their campaigns and increase spending on customer acquisition channels, they needed to understand which (if any) of those campaigns were driving positive ROI over the long term.
Traders Reserve utilized Wicked Reports’ attribution models to tie recurring revenue to their clicks, allowing them to see the value of their customers over time.
Like most companies, Traders Reserve understood that they couldn’t scale unless they had accurate data about their marketing campaigns.
They needed to see the full picture to make informed decisions. Otherwise, they would waste their ad spend trying to figure out what worked and what didn’t.
That’s why they chose Wicked Reports.
Wicked Reports is the only solution with industry-leading attribution models that connect first-click and lead generation to your customer's lifetime value.
By attributing recurring revenue, Traders Reserve can identify which ads and campaigns were bringing in the leads that generated their most valuable customers — something they couldn’t do with Ontraport.
With that insight, they were able to scale their winning campaigns and significantly increase their marketing ROI.
"What I saw — and the only reason I saw it was because of Wicked — [was that] the money we first spent in September we had made back by mid-October."
Traders Reserve used Wicked Reports to identify the most valuable channels that generated the highest ROI for their business.
- Increased spending from $5,000 to $18,000 because they could see the long-term impact of their ad spend.
- Pinpointed the exact campaigns and individual keywords in Google Ads that were bringing in high-quality leads.
- The attribution of recurring revenue allowed them to identify the lead sources that were generating their most profitable customers.
- Generated at least a 10x ROI from actionable insights and data they could only get from Wicked Reports.
- Saw a broader view of their marketing efforts, enabling them to scale winning campaigns and stop those that were underperforming.